Monday, September 7, 2009

Power Blocking

Saturday and Sunday felt like a whirlwind. We managed to block the entire show in a day and a half. Which is fast. Really fast. I don’t think I took a breath before lunch on Saturday. And it’s not just because I’m young and inexperienced – I checked. In speaking with some of the other people on the team, I was reassured in my conviction that we were, in fact, speeding.

It makes a lot of sense to approach the play this way – pushing through to find the overall shape, and work in the details later. After blocking only the first few scenes, there was already a clear sense of how this show needs to move. Many of the scenes are short, and we’re moving locations constantly, so it becomes dire to be able to flow from scene to scene without a break.

Which it looks like we’ll be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment