Thursday, October 1, 2009

Opening Night!

I actually don't know what to say. I know I'm supposed to be really excited -- and I am -- but, I'm also pretty sad. Opening Night is a milestone. After tonight the company we've created becomes split: the director and designers leave, while in a way, the journey of the cast and stage management team really begins as they embark on a month of performances.

As I just sat penning the traditional cards of congratulations, I realized that I'm less prepared than usual to really let go. I can't believe this is it. The entire experience has been a joy. I feel so lucky to have been part of it.

I'm completely proud of the work, and hope as many people as possible see it. I can't think of a single person who wouldn't be able to relate to something that happens onstage.

Sending deliciously positive Opening Night vibes towards King and Adelaide... be there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment